Word of the Day

Drag the tiles to make one word. When they link together, they are correct. Word Of The Day Puzzle provided by Quote Puzzler.

To find the meaning of the obscure word you just created, go to www.dictionary.com.

Sunday, November 26, 2006

Into the Woods

It was a beautiful day today. Daniel and I joined Grandma at the park behind our local elementary school. Behind the park is a hill with some wonderful woods to explore. Enjoy the pictures!

Checking out the texture of a fallen tree.








Going up the old "stairs" leading up the hill. I remember walking up this path as a child.





The woods are lovely, dark and deep.








The first picture Daniel's ever taken! He sat in my lap, looked through the viewfinder, and pressed the shutter. I held the camera though, as it's pretty heavy for him, thus the fairly straight shot.

The next two go together. He came to this tree root while going downhill, and thought he couldn't step over it. Refused to let Mommy help, Grandma had to come help him instead! (I don't think she'll be too thrilled at her face in the picture, but it was the only one I had time to snap!)

















I saved my favorite for last.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a cutie! And a budding photographer too.

Stidmama said...

Gorgeous pics, feather, and wonderful shots of both Daniel and nature. Really captures the joy of discovery at that age. And put in a good pic of your mother! LOL

Nancy said...

Great photos.

I'm finally surfacing after Thanksgiving, high-school reunion, birthday party, drive back to NJ, and a day full of Tanga puzzles (Tanga marathon).

Luckily, the new job doesn't start till next Monday, so I have 6 days to recover.