Word of the Day

Drag the tiles to make one word. When they link together, they are correct. Word Of The Day Puzzle provided by Quote Puzzler.

To find the meaning of the obscure word you just created, go to www.dictionary.com.

Saturday, January 20, 2007

Baby Update

I've realized I haven't talked much about my pregnancy on here, and thought I should give an update. Everything is going well so far. I'm 11 weeks along, and no longer nauseous. I'm still a bit tired, but I have a feeling that's going to go with the territory, between teaching 21 kindergartners and taking care of a toddler.

At my ultrasound, they did find a small subchorionic hemmorhage. This is basically just a small pool of blood in the uterus. I've had no bleeding or spotting from it, thank goodness. My midwife told me to take it easy until the next appointment on the 31st. So no sex (poor Doug), no yoga, nothing that will cause it to get worse. I had one of these when I was pregnant with Daniel and it just reabsorbed on its own. That's what we hope will happen with this one. I get another ultrasound on my next visit to check on it.

Meanwhile, I've been going stir crazy today. I feel like I need to take it easy, yet the house is a disaster, and the computer room that will eventually be baby's room looks like a tornado hit it. So I've been doing a little bit here and there, but not as much as I'd have liked to.

I do have a home doppler unit that I had rented with Daniel and eventually just bought. I used it tonight for the first time, and heard a nice little heartbeat! That was very reassuring. Maybe tomorrow I'll head out to the craft store, just to get out of the house.

No comments: