Word of the Day

Drag the tiles to make one word. When they link together, they are correct. Word Of The Day Puzzle provided by Quote Puzzler.

To find the meaning of the obscure word you just created, go to www.dictionary.com.

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Digital SLR Guide

When I was researching what digital SLR (single lens reflex) camera to buy a couple years ago, I came across this resource:

Find The Best Digital SLR Camera For You

I found it to be very well organized, and more importantly, straightforward and in plain English. The author takes you through the steps of deciding what you will need your digital SLR camera for, which types of cameras and/or features are best for those purposes, and how to shop for your camera and get the best deal.

After I selected my Canon Rebel XT using his guide, I then subscribed to his Digital SLR Camera Technique Guide. I was familiar with the basics, having taken a photography course in college, but felt I needed a refresher along with some pointers on a digital camera vs. film.

Having brushed up on the basics, I also subscribed to his free email newsletter. It is a monthly newsletter with tips, camera discussions, and ideas for taking better pictures. (Can you tell I really like this resource yet?) In this month's newsletter, he mentioned his resolution to take one photo a day for the year 2007 with the purpose of discussing techniques used in each photo. I'm adding this site to my photoblog list over on the side.

His main site has scads of information available, including choosing lenses, accessories, reliable online camera shops and more. Go, browse, enjoy!

No comments: